CJ Faulk & Associates, LLC offers a variety of digital forensics and data recovery investigative services. We are located in Portland, OR and can respond throughout the United States. Our forensic examiners come from a background of federal or state law enforcement, or private business. All are trained in accordance with current standards and all hold certifications from nationally recognized forensic or related organizations.
Principal Charles Faulk has 26 years federal law enforcement experience which includes 15 years experience in digital forensics and data recovery. In addition to conducting forensic examinations of various media, Mr. Faulk has assisted in case presentation for criminal court, and developed computer forensic training for law enforcement and fire personnel including initial response, data preservation, and the role of forensic examinations in the investigation.
Mr. Faulk retired as a Senior Special Agent with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) in Portland, OR. He served as a Digital Investigator for the Northwest Region frequently assisting on cases nationwide in addition to conducting investigations primarily involving suspected arson and explosives activities. He participated in special assignments to include protective security details for presidential candidates, a U.S. Vice President, and Foreign Officials who were members of the United Nations.
Prior to working with ATF, Mr. Faulk was a Special Agent with the Naval Criminal Investigative Service (NCIS) for 15 years and was assigned to various offices around the world, to include deployment on aircraft carriers. He became involved in computer forensics in 1994 while employed with NCIS. Special assignments included participating in protective security details for US Naval Command Personnel, and foreign dignitaries.
Mr. Faulk received a B.A. degree in Psychology 1975 and a M.Ed. degree in 1977 from the University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC.
Certifications and Licenses
· Licensed Private Investigator; Oregon, Oct 2009 - Present
· International Association of Computer Investigative Specialists (IACIS) July 2004 - Present
· Certified Forensic Computer Examiner (CFCE), July 2004; Recertification, October 2007;
· Certified Electronic Evidence Collection Specialist (CEECS), July 2004
· U.S. Department of Treasury; Computer Investigative Specialist (CIS), June 2000
· Computer Technology Investigators Network (CTIN), 2009
· High Technology Crime Investigation Association (HTCIA), 2009
· International Association of Computer Investigative Specialists (IACIS), 2002 to present; Coach, Certified Forensic Computer Examiner (CFCE) Certification Program, 2005 - Present
· Federal Law Enforcement Officers Association (FLEOA), 1999 to present; Portland, OR Chapter President, 1999-2003